March 2019

What I’ve been doing

The acid-etched lino looked lovely as an etched block but they didn’t translate into a good print, somehow; perhaps I inked it wrong or needed to use a different printing technique so I tried again with a baren and Japanese paper and this was more successful.

Moving on from the etched plastic blocks I returned to the lace images and made some prints and overprinted them with the old Indian woodblocks I bought locally: I thought these were delicate and very successful images. I then took photographs of the prints and digitised them, making a set of positives and negatives that I can use with photo-polymer etching.

layers of lace: digital print
Share